1. Health Behavior Theory Innovation and Application
2. Health Promotion and Health Equity Among Vulnerable Population
3. Interdisciplinary Research of Behavioral Science and Other Disciplines
1. 2022-2025 Personalized mHealth intervention for smoking cessation based on Protection Motivation Theory, Health Action Process Approach and Transtheoretical Model NSFC Co-investigator
2. 2021-2022 Coordination of care postpartum for women up to one year after pregnancy, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Co-investigator
3. 2021-2022 Schedule of visits and use of telemedicine for routine antenatal care, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Co-investigator
4. 2020-2021 Breast Reconstruction after mastectomy, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Co-investigator
5. 2018-2019 Oral Health Promotion Among Children Living with HIV/AIDS in China, Impact Project Scheme University of Hong Kong Co-investigator
6. 2013-2016 Factors and potential mental health impacts of HIV disclosure to regular female sex partners among HIV-positive men who have sex with men and women in China, Postgraduate Students Grants for Overseas Academic Activities The Chinese University of Hong Kong Principal Investigator
1. Sun, S., Cao, W., Ge, Y., Ran, J., Sun, F., Zeng, Q., ... & Wellenius, G. A. (2021). Outdoor light at night and risk of coronary heart disease among older adults: a prospective cohort study. European Heart Journal, 42(8), 822-830.
2. Ran, J., Zhao, S., Han, L., Ge, Y., Chong, M. K., Cao, W., & Sun, S. (2021). Increase in Diabetes Mortality Associated With COVID-19 Pandemic in the US. Diabetes Care.
3. Cao, W., Wong, H. M., Chang, C., Agudile, E. P., & Ekström, A. M. (2021). Coping strategies and needs among women married to men who have sex with men living with HIV in China. Psychology, health & medicine, 26(6), 711-723.
4. Cao, W., You, X., Li, J., Peng, L., Gu, J., Hao, C., ... & Mo, P. K. H. (2021). Same-sex behavior disclosure to health care providers associated with greater awareness of pre-exposure prophylaxis. BMC public health, 21(1), 1-10.
5. Cao, W., Li, J., Sun, S., Sturm, C., Peng, L., Gu, J., ... & Ekström, A. M. (2021). HIV Serostatus Disclosure Among Men Who Have Sex with Men in China in the Era of U= U and PrEP. AIDS and Behavior, 1-12.
6. Sun, S., Cao, W., Qiu, H., Ran, J., Lin, H., Shen, C., ... & Tian, L. (2020). Benefits of physical activity not affected by air pollution: a prospective cohort study. International journal of epidemiology, 49(1), 142-152.
7. Cao, W., Sun, S., Peng, L., Gu, J., Hao, C., Li, J., ... & Li, J. (2020). Low willingness to pay for pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) among men who have sex with men (MSM) in China. BMC public health, 20(1), 1-11.
8. Yan, H., Cao, W., Mo, P., Huan, X., Wang, Z., Lin, X., ... & Lau, J. (2019). Prevalence and associated factors of HIV serostatus disclosure to regular female sex partners among HIV-positive men who have sex with both men and women in China. AIDS care.
9. Sun, S., Cao, W., Pun, V. C., Qiu, H., Ge, Y., & Tian, L. (2019). Respirable particulate constituents and risk of cause-specific mortality in the Hong Kong population. Environmental science & technology, 53(16), 9810-9817.
10. Cao, W., Wong, H. M., Chang, C., Agudile, E. P., & Ekström, A. M. (2019). Behavioral interventions promoting HIV serostatus disclosure to sex partners among HIV-positive men who have sex with men: a systematic review. International journal of public health, 64(7), 985-998.