The main directions include Chinese National Survey on Students’ Constitution and Health (CNSSCH), Youth health risk behaviors, health evaluation during physical activities, and health equity research.
1. The Humanities and Social Sciences Planning Fund Project, Ministry of Education: Development of guideline for physical activity among students under the vision of “Healthy China 2030”—based on big data analysis and qualitative research, 2019-2021.
2. China Education Society: Applied Research on the data of Chinese National Survey on Student’s Constitution and Health, 2018-2020.
3. The State General Administration of Sport of People’s Republic of China: Integration and empirical research on the new technology package of students’ physical fitness guidance, 2017-2018.
4. The grant from the National Natural Science Foundation of China: Comparative study on the mode of changes on secular growth among 18 minority students in China under the transformation of social environment, 2014-2016.
5. The new teacher fund for doctor station, Ministry of Education: Health risk behavior trend analysis and its early warning models among Chinese adolescent, 2011-2013.
1. Jan C, Xu R, Luo D, Xiong X, Song Y*, Ma J*, Stafford RS. Association of Visual Impairment With Economic Development Among Chinese Schoolchildren. JAMA Pediatr. 2019, 6:e190914.
2. Dong Y, Jan C, Ma Y, Dong B, Zou Z, Yang Y, Xu R, Song Y*, Ma J*, Sawyer SM, Patton GC. Economic development and the nutritional status of Chinese school-aged children and adolescents from 1995 to 2014: an analysis of five successive national surveys. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2019,7(4): 288-299.
3. Song Y, Agardh A, Ma J, Li L, Lei Y, Stafford RS, Prochaska JJ. National trends in stunting, thinness and overweight among Chinese school-aged children, 1985-2014. Int J Obes. 2019,43(2):402-411
4. Dong Y, Ma J*, Song Y*, Ma Y, Dong B, Zou Z, Prochaska JJ. Secular Trends in Blood Pressure and Overweight and Obesity in Chinese Boys and Girls Aged 7 to 17 Years From 1995 to 2014. Hypertension. 2018, 72(2):298-305
5. Dong Y, Ma J*, Song Y*, Dong B, Yang Y, Prochaska JJ. A National Blood Pressure Reference for Chinese Children. Hypertension, 2017,70: 897-906.
6. Song Y#, Wang HJ#, Dong B, Wang Z, Ma J*, Agardh A. National Trends in Hemoglobin Concentration and Prevalence of Anemia among Chinese School-Aged Children, 1995-2010. J Pediatr, 2017, 183:164-169.
7. Song Y, Ma J*, Wang HJ*, Wang Z, Lau PW, Agardh A. Age at spermarche: 15-year trend and its association with body mass index in Chinese school-aged boys. Pediatr Obes, 2016, 11(5):369-374.
8. Song Y, Ma J*, Wang HJ*, Wang Z, Hu P, Zhang B, Agard A. Secular Trends of Obesity Prevalence in Chinese Children from 1985 to 2010: Urban–Rural Disparity. Obesity, 2015, 23(2):448-53.
9. Song Y, Ma J*, Wang HJ*, Wang Z, Hu P, Zhang B, Agardh A. Trends of Age at Menarche and Association with Body Mass Index in Chinese School-Aged Girls, 1985- 2010. J Pediatr, 2014; 165(6):1172-1177.
10. Song Y, Wang HJ*, Ma J*, Patrick WC, Hu P, Zhang B, Wang Z. BMI-for-age Z-score distribution shifts among Chinese children: Gender disparity. Obesity, 2014, 22(4): 1187-1193.