Dr. Yi XING is an active researcher in health and health risk behaviors surveillance, school health policy and management, rehabilitation of disabled children, health education and promotion. In recent ten years, she led and participated in a number of large scale research projects supported by national government and international agencies, ranging from field survey to intervention study, health surveillance, epidemiology of health risk behaviors and prevention, school health supervision and management.
1. Common diseases in students and school health supervision
(1) PI. Responsible for the design of Common Disease and Health Risk Factors Surveillance and Intervention Program among National Students in 2019 funded by Ministry of Health. The project contents included survey of school health specific human resources in CDC, school environment, common disease(including poor sight, overweight and obesity, et al.) and youth health risk behaviors (2018~2019).
(2) PI. Responsible for the design of Myopia Survey among National children and adolescence in 2018 funded by Ministry of Health. The project contents included survey of school health specific human resources in CDC, school health status, and youth health risk behaviors (2019~2020).
(3) PI. Community based comprehensive intervention study of myopia in adolescents funded by Capital Development Foundation. We investigated the prevalence and influencing factors of adolescent myopia in the community, developed the education materials for preventing myopia, and explored the intervention methods based on school and community (2010~2012).
(4) PI. Data analysis and report of school health supervision project funded by Ministry of Health in 2012 and 2013. The project described the status of school health in 7 pilot provinces of China, and provided policy recommendations for school health supervision.
(5) PI. Compiling the regulations on school health by Ministry of Education and the Children's Foundation. Based on the available school health related laws, regulations and standards, with reference to the excellent school health system in whole China, the regulations on school health system was compiled, and used in the 7 project provinces supported by the Children's foundation.
(6) PI. Evaluation of Project on Enhancing Routine Immunization by UNICEF & Ministry of Health (2011).
(7) PI. Establishment of web based public health surveillance (school health) system supported by China CDC. I developed surveillance protocol and indicators to further optimize the web based monitoring (2005).
(8) Author and reviewer, as part of "national notifiable diseases and public health emergencies report in students", an annual analysis and report was drafted and finalized. The epidemiology of common infectious diseases and public health emergencies in students were described, and the report was provided to Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education for policy evidence (annual report from 2007).
(9) PI. Data analysis and report of an integrated program on AIDS in China (2006)
(10) Co-operator. Development of training materials for trainers on AIDS prevention education in school supported by UNESCO (2006~2007).
(11) PI. Evaluation of Pilot Project on Sexual and Reproductive Health Education for Youth supported by China Family Planning Association (2001).
2. Youth health risk behavior surveillance, investigation and intervention
(1) PI. Bullying survey among students in Beijing, China(2017). The study described the prevalence and its factor of bullying and cyber-bullying among students in grade 1~12th in Beijing
(2) PI. Epidemiology, influence factors and intervention study on campus violence in a city in northern China (2009-2015) funded by the Ministry of Education and Social Sciences in 2009. The violence behaviors included fighting, bullying and suicide related behaviors. An ecological model study was conducted to explore influence factors on violence behaviors from perspective of individual, family and school. An intervention manual was developed and intervention was implemented and the short effectiveness of intervention was evaluated.
(3) Co-PI. responsible for the design, data collection, analysis and report of national surveillance of health risk behavior in adolescents in 2005 and 2008 supported by Ministry of Health. This project described the prevalence of health risk behaviors among adolescents in China, and provided evidence for policy recommendations (2003~2005).
(4) Co-PI. responsible for the project “Improved Surveillance System for Adolescent Health Risk Behaviors” funded by the WHO (2004~2005).
3. Rehabilitation project for the disabled, especially for disabled children
(1) PI. The utilization of rehabilitation services by disabled children aged 0~6 years and influencing factors in Xicheng District, Beijing. The project investigated the status of rehabilitation services utilization and rehabilitation status among disabled children aged 0~6 years in Xicheng District, Beijing, and the quality of life for parents of disabled children was investigated and policy commendations was provided (2015).
(2) PI. Survey on the utilization of rehabilitation services by children with autism and influencing factors in Beijing. The study investigated the status of rehabilitation services utilization by children with autism and influencing factors in Beijing, and policy recommendations for the rehabilitation of children with autism, and the recommendations for service resources allocation was provided (2014).
(3) PI. Data analysis and statistical report on health examination among disabled people in Beijing. The health status of disabled people was analyzed by age and disability type in Beijing (2014~2015).
(4) PI. The utilization and resource status of home rehabilitation services for disabled persons in Beijing. We evaluated the needs, utilization and distribution of home rehabilitation services for disabled persons in Beijing, and provided the data evidence for the policy shaping in Beijing (2012~2013)
1. Yi XING, Chengye Ji. Co-occurrence of Health-Risk behaviors among Beijing middle school students, China. J of Adolescent Health. 2003;33:215–216.
2. Yi XING, Chengye JI Lin Zhang. Relationship of binge drinking and other health-compromising behaviors among urban adolescents, China. J of Adolescent Health.2006; 39(4): 495-500
3. Yi XING, Chengye Ji Emerging health concerns for adolescents in China. ITAL J PEDIATR 2004; 30: 346-350
4. Yuqing zhou, Yi Xing, Xiaofeng Liang, et al. Household survey analysis of the impact of comprehensive strategies to improve the expanded programme on immunization at the county level in western China, 2006-2010. BMJ Open, 2016;6:e008663
5. Xing Yi, Schmitt Heinz-Josef, Arguedas Adriano, Yang Junfeng . Tick-borne Encephalitis in China: A Review of Epidemiology and Vaccines. Vaccine ,2017, 35 (9), 1227-1237
6. Yi XING, QIAO Yijuan, DUAN Jiali, et al. Self harm behaviors and suicide related behaviors among middle school students in Beijing. Chinese Journal of epidemiology. 2015; 36 (9): 921-924.
7.YANG Yingwei, XING Yi. Epidemiology of campus bullying behaviors in primary and middle school students in rural China [J]. Chinese school health, 2012, 33 (8): 963-966.
8.QIAO Yijuan, XING Yi, JI ChengYe, et al. Bullying behaviors among middle school students in 18 provinces and cities in China [J]. The Chinese Journal of epidemiology, 2009, 30 (5): 444-447.
9.XING Yi, JI Chengye, CHEN Tianjiao, et al. The prevalence of smoking among adolescents in urban China. [J]. China Journal of reproductive health, 2008, 19 (3): 154-158.
10. XING Yi, JI Chengye, ZHANG Lin, et al. Health risk behaviors among adolescents in two cities in northern China: a characteristic with multiple risk behaviors [J]. Disease control journal, 2006, 10 (2): 151-154.