Health policy analysis and evaluation
Medical security system and payment system reform
Medical quality management
Social determinants of health
1. 2020.8-2021.4, Study on health development planning of Beijing during the period of “14th Five-Year Plan”, funded by Beijing Municipal Health Commission.
2. 2019.1-12, Coding standard research on health insurance catalogue of outpatient chronic disease and special disease, case payment disease, and ambulatory surgery disease, funded by National Health Insurance Bureau
3. 2018.6-2019.2, Disease diagnosis classification and coding standard research, funded by National Health Insurance Bureau
4. 2018.6-2019.8, Analysis of the role of payment system reform in China’s medical reform, a cooperative project with Harvard University.
5. 2018.4-8, Mid-term evaluation of the health development reform plan during the “13th Five-Year Plan” period in Beijing, funded by the Beijing Municipal Health Commission
6. 2018.3-7, Policy research on promoting social capital involvement in China health care, Department of institutional reform, National Health Commission.
7. 2018.1-2011.12, The impact of urbanization on chronic diseases and its effect path, National Natural Science Foundation of China, Principal Investigator
8. 2017.9-2018.1, In-depth analysis of the monitoring data of residents' health service utilization, funded by the Statistical Information Center of National Health Commission
9. 2017.1-2019.12, Chinese hospital quality measurement: framework and application, funded by Chinese Medical Foundation (CMB)
10. 2015.9-2016.8, Preliminary calculation of the economic burden of some chronic diseases in China, funded by the Statistical Information Center of National Health Commission
11. 2014.6-2015.5, Optimization study on Beijing rural basic medical security system, funded by Beijing Municipal Health Commission
12. 2012.12-2015.12, Evaluation on Beijing DRGs payment system reform, funded by China Medical Foundation (CMB)
1. Jian W, Lu M, Liu G, et al. Beijing's diagnosis-related group payment reform pilot: Impact on quality of acute myocardial infarction care. Social Science & Medicine, 2019: 112590. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2019.112590.
2. Jian W (corresponding author), Figueroa J, Woskie L, et al. Quality of care in large Chinese hospitals: an observational study. BMJ Quality & Safety, 2019, bmjqs-2018-008938; DOI: 10.1136/bmjqs-2018-008938.
3. Zeng J, Jian W (corresponding author). Changes in income-related inequalities of depression prevalence in China: a longitudinal, population study. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 2019: doi.org/10.1007/s00127-019-01710-0.
4. Zhou Y, Yao X, Jian W (corresponding author). Improving health equity: changes in self-assessed health across income groups in China. International Journal for Equity in Health,2018,17:94 doi.org/10.1186/s12939-018-0808-y.
5. Li C, Young B, Jian W (corresponding author). Association of socioeconomic status with financial burden of disease among elderly patients with cardiovascular disease: evidence from the China Health and Retirement Longitudinal Survey. BMJ Open, 2018;8:e018703. doi:10.1136/ bmjopen-2017-018703.
6. Yuan B, Jian W (corresponding author), He L, et al. The role of health system governance in strengthening the rural health insurance system in China. International Journal for Equity in Health, 2017, 16: 44. doi.org/10.1186/s12939-017-0542-x.
7. Liu Y, Liu G, Wu H, Jian W (corresponding author), et al. Sex differences in non-communicable disease prevalence in China: a cross-sectional analysis of the China Health and Retirement Longitudinal Study in 2011. BMJ open, 7(12), e017450. doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2017-017450.
8. Jian W (corresponding author), Lu M, Han W, et al. Introducing diagnosis‐related groups: is the information system ready? The International Journal of Health Planning and Management, 2016, 31(1): E58-E68.
9. Jian W (corresponding author), Lu M, Chan K Y, et al. Payment reform pilot in Beijing hospitals reduced expenditures and out-of-pocket payments per admission. Health Affairs, 2015, 34(10): 1745-1752.
10. Jian W (corresponding author), Chan K Y, Reidpath D, et al. China's rural-urban care gap shrank for chronic disease patients, but inequities persist. Health Affairs, 2010, 29(12):2189-2196.