Maternal and Child Nutrition, Infant feeding, Health Behaviour Research, Health Education and Promotion
Current research: The impact of the first 1000-day nutrition on child health
1. Nutrition in Early Life (the first 1000 day) in relation to infants’ health outcomes, Research Starting Fund
2. The 2nd National Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health Survey: Project design and pilot study. UNFPA
3. Breastfeeding practices among immigrants in Ireland. Postgraduate R&D Skill, Strand I, Ireland.
4. DIT-Coombe birth cohort study. Postgraduate R&D Skill, Strand I, Ireland.
5. Feeding Infant and Toddlers Study & Kids Nutrition and Health Survey (FITs & KIDs). Nestle Ltd.
6. Human breast milk analysis (ATLAS). Nestle Ltd.
7. The Enhancing Family Well-being Project. The Hong Kong FAMILY Project. Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust.
1. Yang W, Jiao M, Xi L, Han N, Luo S, Xu X, Zhou Q* & Wang H (2021). The association between maternal fat-soluble vitamin concentrations during pregnancy and infant birth weight in China. British Journal of Nutrition 14; 125 (9):1058-1066.
2. Zhou Q§, Wang D§, Mhurchu CN, Gurrin C, Zhou J, Cheng Y & Wang H* (2019) The use of wearable cameras in assessing children's dietary intake and behaviours in China. Appetite 139:1-7.
3. Liu X, Zhou Q*, Clarke K, Younger KM, An M, Li Z, Tan Y & Kearney JM (2021) Maternal feeding practices and toddlers' fruit and vegetable consumption: results from the DIT-Coombe Hospital birth cohort in Ireland. Nutrition Journal 20 (1):84.
4. Samuel TM§, Zhou Q§, Giuffrida F, Munblit D, Verhasselt V & Thakkar SK* (2020) Nutritional and non-nutritional composition of human milk is modulated by maternal, infant and methodological factors. Frontiers in Nutrition 7:576133.
5. Zhou Q, Chan SSC, Stewart SM*, Leung CS, Wan A & Lam TH (2016) The effectiveness of positive psychology interventions in enhancing positive behaviors and family relationships in Hong Kong: a community-based participatory research project. Journal of Positive Psychology 11 (1): 70-84.
6. Zhou Q*, Younger KM, Cassidy TM, Wang W & Kearney JM (2020) Breastfeeding practices 2008-2009 among Chinese mothers living in Ireland: a mixed methods study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 20: 51.
7. Chen H, Li C, Zhou Q*, Cassidy TM, Younger KM, Shen S & Kearney JM (2021). How to promote exclusive breastfeeding in Ireland: a qualitative study on views of Chinese immigrant mothers. International Breastfeeding Journal 16, 10.
8. Zhou Q*, Chen H, Younger KM, Cassidy TM & Kearney JM (2020). “I was determined to breastfeed, and I always found a solution”: successful experiences of exclusive breastfeeding among Chinese mothers in Ireland. International Breastfeeding Journal 15:47.
9. Zhou Q*, Younger KM & Kearney JM (2018) Infant Feeding Practices in China and Ireland: Ireland Chinese Mother Survey. Frontiers in Public Health 6: 351.
10. An M, Zhou Q*, Younger KM, Liu X & Kearney JM (2020) Are maternal feeding practices and mealtime emotions associated with toddlers’ food neophobia? A follow-up to the DIT-Coombe Hospital birth cohort in Ireland. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 17(22): 8401.