The Chinese Government Scholarship-China-Africa Friendship Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education of China to support outstanding international students from African Countries for graduate studies in China. Peking University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit graduate students for Master’s Programs.
Categories, Majors, Teaching Language and Duration
The scholarship only supports full-time graduate students. Duration of the scholarship, which covers the major study, is specified in the Admission Letter. The following is the current available program from Peking University.
School of Public Health
The duration of the program is 2 years, completing a required 45 credit hours:
- 1st year full-time study at Peking University
- 2nd year practicum/internship/fieldwork in home country
- Capstone thesis
1. Applicants with African countries' nationalities and in good health.
2. Applicants who apply for a Master’s degree should be under 35 years old，possess a bachelor’s degree，and have two-year working experience in health-related fields.
3. Applicants for English-medium programs should provide a score report of English Language test: 80 and above for TOEFL, and 5.5 and above for IELTS. Applicants who took English-medium program in a previous school but could not provide the above mentioned standard English test result should provide extra supporting documents issued by the previous school.
Applicants from English-speaking country where English is the official language could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
4. Applicants who do not obtain other scholarship for new students.
Coverage and Criteria
1. Tuition fees
2. Free accommodation
3. Living allowance
4. Comprehensive medical insurance
For more information, please visit the CSC website at: http://www.campuschina.org/
Time for Application：
January 22 to April 30, 2021.
Applications submitted after April 30, 2021 will not be considered.
Procedure for Application
Register and submit your online application at CSC Online Application System for International Students at: http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org. The code of Peking University is 10001. Please Choose Program category type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by China-Africa Friendship under Chinese Government Scholarship. Please download and print a hard copy of the“Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you have completed the form.
Application Documents Needed
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English).
2. Notarized degree certificate and transcripts. Prospective diploma recipients should submit official document issued by your current school to prove not only your current student status, but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English should attach notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Study plan, within 1500 words, written in Chinese or in English.
4. Two recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
5. Scanned copy of valid ordinary passport with a minimum of one year before its expiration (personal information page, validity of passport should at least till Dec. 31, 2021).
6. No criminal record.
7. Copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled in English or Chinese, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81.The Physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.
Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only six months. Please keep the original copy of the form for the school registration.
8. Valid English level certificate is required if applying for English-medium program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS).
9. Acceptance letter from a professor of the School of Public Health, Peking University (if available).
10. Performance certificate from the China's universities if the applicants had been or are studying in China.
1. There is no application fee for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Africa Friendship Program in Peking University. Applicants should apply directly to Peking University. Any application submitted by agencies will not be considered.
2. After submitting your online application at CSC, please send us one sets of your application documents to the email（firstname.lastname@example.org) before April 30, 2021 , otherwise, it will be considered as a waiver of application. Please mark “Application forEMPH Scholarship 2021”. Whether accepted or not, the document will not be returned.
3. Incomplete application document or wrong university code information will not be accepted. Please make sure that an accurate phone number, email address and mailing address (including postcode, city name) are provided.
4. In addition to the above application document, the university has the right to require the applicant to provide other materials if necessary.
Admission and Registration
1. The Pre-admission result of the program will be sent to applicants by email around the end of May 2021. The final result of scholarship winners will be informed at the end of June 2021, and the official admission document will be delivered at that time. Further notice will be given if there were any changes.
2. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline stipulated on the admission notice.
3. Scholarship recipients will not be allowed to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the admission notice after their coming to China.
4. Scholarship qualification will be evaluated annually.
5. Due to coronavirus outbreaks, schools may facilitate online learning programs.
Contact Person: Ms. Xiangrong XU
Mail Address: School of Public Health, Peking University Health Science Center, 38 Xue Yuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100191, China