The main focuses include the social determinants of child and adolescent health and development, students’ Constitution and Health (based on CNSSCH) and its inequality, and the implementation research of common diseases interventions among children and adolescents.
1. Capital Development Fund: Implementation research on the construction and scale up regarding to "Comorbidity-Co-causes-Joint-prevention" comprehensive demonstration district of myopia and obesity among children and adolescents in Beijing guided by RE-AIM framework, 2022-2024.
2. Beijing Municipal Natural Science Foundation: Effects of evening chronotypes- mediated ALAN exposure on different type of metabolic obesity among children: A nested case-control study, 2022-2024.
3. China Medical Board: Battling China’s Childhood Myopia Epidemic: A pragmatic prevention strategy using the Consolidated Framework for Implementation Research, 2022-2024.
4. The Humanities and Social Sciences Planning Fund Project, Ministry of Education: Development of guideline for physical activity among students under the vision of “Healthy China 2030”—based on big data analysis and qualitative research, 2019-2021.
5. The State General Administration of Sport of People’s Republic of China: Integration and empirical research on the new technology package of students’ physical fitness guidance, 2017-2018.
6. The grant from the National Natural Science Foundation of China: Comparative study on the mode of changes on secular growth among 18 minority students in China under the transformation of social environment, 2014-2016.
7. The new teacher fund for doctor station, Ministry of Education: Health risk behavior trend analysis and its early warning models among Chinese adolescent, 2011-2013.
1. Yan X, Hu P*, Ma N, Luo D, Zhang J, Wang J, Dong Y, Xing Y, Song Y*, Ma J, Patton GC, Sawyer SM. Coverage of school health monitoring systems in China: a large national cross-sectional survey. Lancet Reg Health West Pac. 2022,19:100332.
2. Dong Y, Gao D, Li Y, Yang Z, Wang X, Chen M, Wang Z, Song Y*, Zou Z*, Ma J. Effect of childhood phthalates exposure on the risk of overweight and obesity: A nested case-control study in China. Environ Int. 2022,158:106886.
3. Xu R#, Song Y#, Hu P, Dong B, Zou Z, Luo D, Gao D, Zhang J, Ma Y, Ma J, Xie X, Cai M, Narayan A, Huang X, Tian X, Patton GC. Towards Comprehensive National Surveillance for Adolescent Health in China: Priority Indicators and Current Data Gaps. J Adolesc Health. 2020 Nov;67(5S):S14-S23.
4. Luo D, Yan X, Xu R, Zhang J, Shi X, Ma J*, Song Y*, Patton GC, Sawyer SM. Chinese trends in adolescent marriage and fertility between 1990 and 2015: a systematic synthesis of national and subnational population data. Lancet Glob Health. 2020,8(7):e954-e964.
5. Dong Y, Lau PWC, Dong B, Zou Z, Yang Y, Wen B, Ma Y, Hu P, Song Y*, Ma J*, Sawyer SM, Patton GC. Trends in physical fitness, growth, and nutritional status of Chinese children and adolescents: a retrospective analysis of 1·5 million students from six successive national surveys between 1985 and 2014. Lancet Child Adolesc Health. 2019,3(12):871-880.
6. Jan C, Xu R, Luo D, Xiong X, Song Y*, Ma J*, Stafford RS. Association of Visual Impairment With Economic Development Among Chinese Schoolchildren. JAMA Pediatr. 2019, 173(7):e190914.
7. Dong Y, Jan C, Ma Y, Dong B, Zou Z, Yang Y, Xu R, Song Y*, Ma J*, Sawyer SM, Patton GC. Economic development and the nutritional status of Chinese school-aged children and adolescents from 1995 to 2014: an analysis of five successive national surveys. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2019,7(4): 288-299.
8. Song Y, Agardh A, Ma J, Li L, Lei Y, Stafford RS, Prochaska JJ. National trends in stunting, thinness and overweight among Chinese school-aged children, 1985-2014. Int J Obes. 2019,43(2):402-411
9. Dong Y, Ma J*, Song Y*, Ma Y, Dong B, Zou Z, Prochaska JJ. Secular Trends in Blood Pressure and Overweight and Obesity in Chinese Boys and Girls Aged 7 to 17 Years From 1995 to 2014. Hypertension. 2018, 72(2):298-305
10. Song Y#, Wang HJ#, Dong B, Wang Z, Ma J*, Agardh A. National Trends in Hemoglobin Concentration and Prevalence of Anemia among Chinese School-Aged Children, 1995-2010. J Pediatr, 2017, 183:164-169.